The Foundation Skills for Your Future Program (the Program) supports the development of critical language, literacy, numeracy and digital (LLND) skills needed by employers and industry to meet current and future skills needs. Employers can access free training for their employees and work with Service Providers to develop tailored training that meets workplace needs.
On this page:
Foundation Skills for Your Future Program projects
A panel of pre-approved Service Providers (Registered Training Organisations) are available to talk to you about flexible training options to support your employees.
Employers or industry organisations who identify employees with LLND skills development needs can engage with Service Providers to develop tailored accredited and/or non-accredited training for the workplace by:
- identifying workplace and employee LLND skills needs
- collaborating to develop a training model that supports the workplace environment
- supporting participants to maximise the training benefits
- supporting the evaluation of the effectiveness of the LLND skills training
The Program is free for participants and employers, however employers are encouraged to make in-kind contributions to support the project. An in-kind contribution is simply a commitment to:
- give your employees time during work hours to complete the training and/or
- provide an appropriate training space at your business.
Participants for the program must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- aged 15 years and over;
- have left secondary school education; and
- are employed OR recently unemployed (within the past nine months) and are not registered with an Australian Government employment service provider.
Employees are ineligible for free LLND training under the Foundation Skills for Your Future Program if they are eligible for funding through an existing Commonwealth, state and territory subsidised or partially subsidised language, literacy, numeracy and/or digital skills training program. Please discuss eligibility with a Service Provider.
How to access
To find a Service Provider near you go to the Foundation Skills Service Providers page.