As business and government look for ways to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, the capacity to grow, compete and thrive in a global economy is highly dependent on employers and individuals accessing the right skills at the right time.
Join industry experts and members of the Skills Organisation Pilot boards as they come together for the fifth Workforce of the Future live stream event.
The forum will be led by three of Australia’s prominent business minds:
- Alex Badenoch, Telstra - Group Executive (Transformation, Communications and People), and member of the Digital Skills Organisation Board
- Vicki Nichols, Business Partner in Rio Tinto’s Iron Ore Learning and Development
- Liz Cohen, Chief Executive from disability provider Cara, and member of the Human Services Skills Organisation Board.
It will delve into and consider these questions and more:
- What do Australia’s employers need to access a highly skilled workforce?
- How can the VET system be improved to better meet the needs of Australian employers?
- What role should employers play in strengthening the national VET system?
The Skills Organisation Pilots, established last year in the Mining, Human Services and Digital sectors, are exploring new ways to strengthen the role of industry in the VET System and investigating what employers need to lead strategic thinking on a wide range of workforce and skilling issues including employee recruitment, career pathways, and businesses growth.
Audience members will have the chance to ask panellists questions during the live event and are encouraged to register for this one-hour session via the Skills Organisation web page.
- Find out more about three industry-led Skills Organisation Pilots
- Watch previous events from the Workforce of the Future live stream