The Department of Education, Skills and Employment's National Workforce Taskforce will work with government agencies to ensure their sector-specific strategies are built on a strong evidence base and are coordinated across agencies, in line with broader Government priorities and actions.
On this page:
Care and support workforce strategy
The Australian Government has created an Australian-first Care and Support Workforce Strategy, providing a national and holistic vision to address skills gaps and build a responsive and resilient workforce across aged care, disability support and veterans’ care.
With significant growth and employment opportunities available across all care and support occupations, the Government is committed to further raising the visibility, importance and value of working in this growing sector, as well as partnering with providers to attract and retain skilled workers.
Applying the principles of the National Workforce Strategy, this Care and Support Workforce Strategy sets out a series of priorities to ensure a coordinated approach to workforce investment and realise opportunities to enable, grow and sustain this critical workforce.
National Care and Support Workforce Strategy
The National Care and Support Workforce Strategy provides a national and holistic vision to address skills gaps and build a responsive and resilient workforce across aged care, disability support and veterans’ care.
Other workforce plans and strategies
- THRIVE 2030 (long-term strategy for the visitor economy) (March 2022)
- National Medical Workforce Strategy 2021-2031 (December 2021)
- National Children’s Education and Care Workforce Strategy (September 2021)
- NDIS National Workforce Plan 2021-25 (June 2021)
- Australia’s Services Exports Action Plan (April 2021)
- APS Workforce Strategy 2025 (March 2021)
- National Agricultural Workforce Strategy and Roadmap (December 2020 and March 2021)
- Australia’s National Resources Workforce Strategy (February 2021)
- Australia’s Cyber Security Strategy 2020 & Cyber Security National Workforce Program (August 2020)
- National Freight and Supply Chain Strategy (August 2019)
- Defence Industry Skilling and STEM Strategy (March 2019)
- A Matter of Care: Australia's Aged Care Workforce Strategy (June 2018)
- Naval Shipbuilding Plan (May 2017)
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workforce Strategic Framework 2016–2023 (February 2017)