Transparent data is a critical building block of an efficient labour market. There is a wide range of workforce-related data publicly available from across Government.
On this page:
Resources and information
For comprehensive data and insights on Australia’s workforce, a number of resources are available.
- The National Skills Commission provides expert advice and national leadership on the Australian labour market and current, emerging and future workforce skills needs.
- The National Skills Commission also provides employment projections which are a guide to the likely direction of the jobs market over the next five years.
- The National Skills Commission's Labour Market Insights (LMI) website provides up-to-date information about what's happening in the Australian jobs market including information about numbers of job vacancies, employment and unemployment rates, employer experiences when advertising for and recruiting staff and much more.
- The Australian Bureau of Statistics provides statistics on economic and labour market conditions.
- The Centre for Population provides demographic analysis to inform Australian Government policy and the wider community.
- The National Centre for Vocational Education Research collects, manages, analyses and communicates research and statistics on the Australian vocational education and training sector.
- Data.gov.au is the central source of Australian open government data.