These programs and initiatives can help you to find jobs in regional or rural Australia.
On this page:
Find seasonal jobs
The Pacific Australia Labour Mobility (PALM) scheme streamlines the Australian Government’s labour initiatives, the Seasonal Worker Programme (SWP) and Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS). It commenced in April 2022.
- Information about the scheme
- How to apply
Support for remote communities
The Community Development Program (CDP) supports individuals in remote Australia. Participants build skills, address barriers and contribute to their communities.
- Find a local provider
- Contacts for further information
Connecting workers and employers in harvest areas
Harvest Trail Services connect workers and businesses in 16 harvest areas across Australia. Here you'll find:
- Eligibility and where to find harvest jobs
- Employer and worker responsibilities
- How to contact the Harvest Trail Information Service
Fill local employment gaps
Workforce Australia Local Jobs focuses on reskilling and upskilling individuals to meet local employer demand.
All 51 Employment Regions have:
- an Employment Facilitator
- a Local Jobs and Skills Taskforce
- a Local Jobs Plan
- access to funding through a Local Recovery Fund and the National Priority Fund.