Discover employment reports, data and research.
On this page:
Jobs and Skills Australia
Jobs and Skills Australia will provide independent advice and establish genuine tripartite partnerships with state and territory Governments, industry, business peaks, unions and training providers to ensure the training system is fit for purpose and to address the skills crisis in this country. Jobs and Skills Australia will:
- Start responding to the critical and evolving skills needs that workers and employers are facing.
- Bring together national leadership and expertise, and cutting-edge data analytic capability.
- Play an active role in workforce planning to provide a long-term view of Australia’s workforce needs.
Find research on Australian employment trends.
- See research reports
- Learn about employment in Australia
Employment services evaluation
Employment services evaluations aim to assess whether program and policy outcomes are being delivered as intended, and generate evidence to inform decision-making and continuous program improvement.
- Find evaluations
Learn about job options and trends
Labour Market Insights can help you learn about occupations and trends in the Australian jobs market.
- Research more than 1000 different types of jobs
- Learn about the skills needed in different jobs
- Understand what types of jobs are in your area
Discover employment data
The Labour Market Insights website provides resources to help you understand your local labour market. You'll be able to find:
- Employment data for more than 80 regions
- Data on occupation trends and vacancies
- Future workforce projections
- Insights from business including skills shortages, recruitment trends and labour market advice