The Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (the department) uses social media to share information, engage with stakeholders and to promote the outcomes of policy and programs.
On this page:
Official social media channels
Department of Employment and Workforce Relations
The department also manages social media accounts for:
Your Career is a platform that provides authoritative and accurate careers information for people of all ages and stages.
Workforce Australia is a platform where Australians can search and apply for jobs or find more information on their pathway to employment.
Self-Employment Services can help you turn your business idea or existing small business into a viable business.
ParentsNext supports parents and carers who receive Parenting Payment to plan and prepare for work by the time their youngest child starts school.
The Moderation Guidelines apply to all social media accounts managed by the department. The Moderation Guidelines are in addition to the Terms of Service for each social media platform.
Social media accounts are moderated during business hours.
The Australian Government has strict guidelines on discrimination and intimidation. We will not respond to, or accept content which is irrelevant, pornographic, discriminatory, hateful or threatening, and actions which may offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate.
When contributing your questions and comments, we encourage you to:
- Protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others (such as names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers). Posts or comments containing personal information will be hidden or removed.
- Post material that is relevant to the topics and issues being discussed, particularly if you are seeking a response from the department.
- Represent your own views and do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person.
We will never respond to, but may report, remove or block posts or users that:
- Abuse, harass or threaten others.
- Racially or religiously vilify others.
- Incite, induce or aid violence, discriminate, harass, victimise or provoke hatred towards others, or are likely to offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, colour, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability.
- Make defamatory or libellous comments.
- Use insulting, provocative or hateful language or images.
- Use obscene or offensive language or images.
- Use material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
- Are multiple versions of the same view to the forum.
- Promote commercial interests.
- Promote personal and professional interests.
- Are overtly party-political comment (e.g., reference to candidates, fundraisers, support for political parties).
- Incite, encourage or make reference to conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate Australian law.
The information provided through our social media accounts is presented by the department for the purpose of disseminating information for the benefit of the public.
However, the department does not make any representation or warranty about the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material provided via these accounts. Please see our Disclaimer for more details.
For more information about how we protect your privacy and personal information, please see our Privacy Statement.