The object of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act) is to give the Australian community access to information held by the Australian Government.
On this page:
The FOI Act aims to achieve this objective by:
- requiring agencies to publish certain information on a website
- provide for a right of access to documents.
Some of the information you can find on this website includes:
- Information published under the Information Publication Scheme
- the department’s Disclosure Log
- Information about how to make a Freedom of Information (FOI) Request