The Department of Employment and Workplace Relations does not charge you to; contact us, receive a call-back, or receive an SMS.
On this page:
However your chosen telecommunications service provider(s) may charge for usage when accessing our services. Please note the following:
- Calls from most fixed line telephones to 13 and 1300 numbers from anywhere in Australia are charged at a fixed rate. That rate may vary from the price of a local call and may also vary between service providers.
- Calls to 1800 numbers from most fixed line telephones are free.
- Calls from public and mobile telephones or from overseas, may be timed and charged at a higher rate. This may vary between service providers.
- Calls to 13, 1300 and 1800 numbers may not be available from Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services. Please contact your service provider for more information. Alternatively try using a fixed line telephone.
- Calls to 13, 1300 and 1800 numbers may not be available from overseas. If you are in this situation please contact us using other methods.
- The Department of Employment and Workplace Relations only sends standard SMS messages which are usually free to receive in Australia.