Learn how VET data is collected and used and explore employment data.
On this page:
Access national VET Data
National VET Data captures vocational training occurring across Australia. It helps:
- Students pick courses
- Registered Training Organisations prepare courses
- Improve the training system
- Inform research
Discover employment data
Labour Market Insights provides resources to help you understand your local labour market. You'll be able to find:
- Employment data for more than 80 regions
- Data on occupation trends and vacancies
- Future workforce projections
- Insights from employers including skills shortages, recruitment trends and labour market advice
Jobs and Skills Australia
Jobs and Skills Australia will provide independent advice and establish genuine tripartite partnerships with state and territory Governments, industry, business peaks, unions and training providers to ensure the training system is fit for purpose and to address the skills crisis in this country. Jobs and Skills Australia will:
- Start responding to the critical and evolving skills needs that workers and employers are facing.
- Bring together national leadership and expertise, and cutting-edge data analytic capability.
- Play an active role in workforce planning to provide a long-term view of Australia’s workforce needs.