More information about the Pacific Australia Labour Mobility Information System (PALMIS), including extra resources and webinars.
On this page:
A new IT system, the Pacific Australia Labour Mobility Information System (PALMIS), launched on 24 July 2023 to provide consistent processes for approved employers who participate in the short-term and long-term streams of the PALM scheme.
PALMIS is a new, consolidated IT system that will streamline the workflow between approved employers, labour sending units in participating countries and the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (DEWR).
On this page you can find useful resources to help you learn and navigate the new system. We will regularly update this page with new materials to keep you informed of system changes and to improve your user experience.
- PALMIS Frequently Asked Questions (As at 20/10/2023)
- PALMIS AE Portal Getting Started Guide
- PALM AE recruitment workflow
You can also find useful resources and tutorials through the WalkMe Guides in the AE Portal by selecting the Help section at the bottom right of screen.
Recordings of previous webinars are available at the links below. We will provide updates here and in the PALMIS newsletter as new webinars are planned and scheduled.
- Webinar – Introductory to PALMIS
- Webinar Session 1 – Managing Recruitment Plans
- Webinar Session 2 – Managing Visas and Mobilisations
- Webinar Session 3 – Reporting Incidents and Notices
- Webinar Session 4 – Frequently Asked Questions
- Webinar Session 5 – Creating and submitting recruitment plans
- Webinar Session 6 – Understanding visa application and mobilisation processes
PALMIS Release Notes
New features and changes are released into PALMIS every 2 weeks and have been incrementally improving the user experience. Each time a new feature is released you will see release notes in PALMIS the next time you log in.
Copies of the of release notes that are in available in PALMIS are linked below.
- Release Notes No 52 – Updates to Visas, placement groups within in recruitment plans, adding labour hire licences, recruitment plan interface changes.
- Release Notes No 53 – Overdue mobilisations reports notice and mobilisation dates in recruitment plans.
- Release Notes No 54 – Updates to accommodation plans, recruitment plans and incident reports
- Release Notes No 55 – Updates to the support request form, accommodation plans, labour market tests, correspondence activities, and help guides and tutorial videos.
- Release Notes No 56 – Updates to placement groups, recruitment plans, roles and visa applications.
The PALMIS newsletter is sent to all registered PALMIS users to keep you informed about important features of the system and how to use them. If you don’t receive the PALMIS email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copies of the PALMIS newsletter are linked below.
- PALMIS Newsletter No 01 – 30/08/2023
- PALMIS Newsletter No 02 – 08/09/2023
- PALMIS Newsletter No 03 – 15/09/2023
- PALMIS Newsletter No 04 – 22/09/2023
- PALMIS Newsletter No 05 – 29/09/2023
- PALMIS Newsletter No 06 – 09/10/2023
- PALMIS Newsletter No 07 – 13/10/2023
- PALMIS Newsletter No 08 – 27/10/2023
- PALMIS Newsletter No 09 – 14/11/2023
- PALMIS Newsletter No 10 – 25/11/2023