The Government is planning further reforms to the Fair Work laws in 2023, and we want to hear your views.
In the first part of the year, the Government is considering bringing forward the following measures to further improve the system by:
- inserting a right to superannuation in the National Employment Standards
- reforming the 4-yearly review of superannuation default fund provisions
- clarifying the application of Fair Work Act protections to temporary migrant workers
- providing stronger access to unpaid parental leave so families can share work and care responsibilities
- clarifying that when a workplace determination comes into effect, the enterprise agreement will no longer operate
- making pay deductions for authorised purposes an easier process for workers and businesses, and
- providing casual workers in the black coal mining industry the same access to long service leave entitlements as their permanent counterparts
Submissions on the above measures have now closed. To find out more you can email WRConsultations@dewr.gov.au.