Future Ready supports students to make successful transitions from school. It is a National Career Education Strategy that helps students move from school to further education, training or work.
Future Ready is a student focused National Career Education Strategy. It was developed in collaboration with stakeholders in education, business and industry, parents and carers, career practitioners and youth.
The strategy was endorsed by the COAG Education Council in February 2019.
Future Ready focuses on:
- The importance of building skills and general capabilities for work
- Strengthening school and employer collaboration
- Developing career management and navigation skills
The strategy focuses on improving career education in schools by:
- Building teacher and school leader capability
- Supporting parents and carers to have career conversations
- Encouraging collaboration between industry and schools
The Future Ready strategy is for:
- Governments, school systems, school leaders and teachers, and career practitioners
- Employers and community
- Parents and carers, and youth sector
Download the strategy