If you are a Participant undertaking approved Employment Services activities or a Work for the Dole Community Support Project host, you may be covered by group personal accident and public and products liability insurance arrangements purchased by the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (the Department).
Important: These policies do not indemnify Employment Services providers (providers) or host organisations.
Providers and host organisations must also have their own public liability insurance and other insurances as specified in their respective Employment Services related agreements.
Disclaimer: The purpose of this document is to provide general information to members of the public about the forms of insurance arrangements that the Department has purchased for approved Employment Services activities.
Any claim under the policies referenced in this document are subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant policy.
The Department purchases three policies that provide insurance cover to individuals participating in approved Employment Services activities in addition to Work for the Dole Community Support Project host organisations:
- Group Personal Accident Insurance for Participants
- Public and Products Liability Insurance for Participants
- Public and Products Liability Insurance for Hosts of Work for the Dole Community Support Projects
Group Personal Accident Insurance for Participants
Group Personal Accident Insurance Policy for Participants provides insurance coverage for individuals who are injured while participating in approved Employment Services activities. This coverage may include:
- Non-Medicare Medical Expenses
- Trauma counselling
- Broken/Fractured Bones benefit
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as:
- Travel to and from medical treatment
It's important to understand that this is not workers’ compensation.
Whether an individual participating in approved Employment Services activities is entitled to workers compensation is determined by the laws in each State and Territory.
Public and Products Liability Insurance for Participants
Combined Liability Insurance Policy for Job Seekers and Participants provides insurance for job seeker liability for negligence that results in certain personal injury or damage to property at an activity.
Public and Products Liability Insurance for Hosts of Work for the Dole Community Support Projects
Public and Products Liability Insurance Policy for Hosts of Work for the Dole Community Support Projects provides insurance for host and land owner liability for negligence that results in certain personal injury or damage to property at a Work for the Dole Community Support Project.
Submitting a claim
- To submit an insurance claim to the insurer for personal injury you will need to complete and submit the claim form available on the AHI claims page and any receipts to AHI via email@example.com for any treatment or out of pocket expenses not covered by Medicare.
- Claims against the department’s public and products liability policy are made by completing and submitting the claim form and forwarding any relevant documentation in support of the claim to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All submitted claims are considered by the relevant insurer to determine if the claims fall within the insurance policy.
- To ensure your claim is processed, you should file your claim as soon as possible after the event, noting time limits may apply.
Guides have been developed to support participants, hosts and providers understand the Employment Services insurance arrangements and how to claim under the policies:
- WHS Incident and Insurance Readers Guide for Providers
- WHS Incident and Insurance Readers Guide for Participants
- Public and products liability claim form
- How to Claim Insurance
- WHS Responsibilities
If you have questions relating to the Employment Services insurance arrangements:
- Contact your Workforce Australia Services provider or,
- Call the Employment Services National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260 (free call from land lines).
If you are a self-managing individual in Workforce Australia Online for Individuals, and have questions relating to the Employment Services insurance arrangements. Please contact the Employment Services National Customer Service Line;