Exploring Self-Employment Workshops
Exploring Self-Employment Workshops help you understand what self-employment is. Workshops are delivered over 1 to 2 weeks.
Exploring Self-Employment Workshops can help you:
- understand what’s involved in starting a business
- generate or validate a business idea
- make an informed decision about whether self-employment is right for
Business Plan Development
A business plan helps new and existing micro-business owners focus on the steps necessary to make their business succeed.
Self-Employment Assistance can help you develop a business plan by providing you with one-on-one support and the tools you need to complete it. Once you’ve finished writing your business plan, your provider will be able to assess its viability.
Accredited Small Business Training
Small Business Training provides you with the skills you need to start and run a small business. You can choose to participate in one of the following accredited qualifications:
- Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business (BSB30220)
- Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business (BSB40320)
- Micro Business Skill Set (BSBSS00102)
- New Business Ventures Skill Set (BSBSS00103)
- Small Business Management Skill Set (BSBSS00104).
Your Self-Employment Assistance provider will help you pick the qualification that best helps you achieve your small business goals.
Business Advice Sessions
Business Advice Sessions are one-hour, one-on-one sessions with a business advisor. They can give you advice on starting your own small business or running an existing one.
You can tailor these sessions to meet your needs. They can involve:
- getting advice on starting your own business
- improving your business’ commercial viability
- advice a range of other small business-related matters
- referral to other small business support networks.
If you're eligible, you can book up to 2 free sessions every 12 months.
Business Health Checks
A Business Health Check is a 3-hour, one-on-one session with a Self-Employment Assistance provider. They can help you assess how your business is currently running and find ways to improve it.
Your provider will help you:
- analyse your business
- identify opportunities for improvement
- connect with other local business support services, where relevant.
If you are eligible, you can access one Business Health Check every 12 months.
Small Business Coaching
Small Business Coaching gives you 12 months of personalised mentoring and support to help you start and run your small business.
If you’re eligible, you may be able to access:
- up to $300 worth of small business start-up costs, such as business insurance
- an allowance for up to 39 weeks and rental assistance for up to 26 weeks