Training Package Assurance is the review of training packages to ensure they meet national standards and policy.
The Department of Employment and Workplace Relations is reviewing training package products developed by Jobs and Skills Councils (JSCs). It will do this via an independent Training Package Assurance team.
The role of the assurance function
The Training Package Assurance team is independent from the management of JSCs. We provide increased transparency, accountability, and confidence to VET sector stakeholders that training package products have been independently reviewed.
We do this by:
- undertaking assessments of training package products against technical elements of the national standards and policy
- educating, engaging and consulting with JSCs on common issues.
We will take on this function for a limited time, allowing time for JSCs and Jobs and Skills Australia to become established before a final decision is made on the location of the function.
JSCs are responsible for ensuring that the training package products they have developed have merit and reflect the needs of industry and stakeholders.
Training packages contain the following nationally endorsed training products:
- units of competency, which specify the standard of performance required in the workplace
- assessment requirements associated with each unit of competency
- qualifications aligned to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
- credit arrangements specifying existing arrangements between training package qualifications and higher education qualifications as described in the AQF.
Training packages also consist of the following non-endorsed training product components:
- skill sets
- companion volume implementation guides.
National Standards and Policy
We assess training package products submitted by JSCs against the Training Package Organising Framework. The framework contains the standards and policies set by Skills Ministers.
The framework includes:
- Standards for Training Packages (‘the Standards’)
- Training Package Products Policy (TPPP)
- Training Package Products Development and Endorsement Process Policy (TPPDEPP)
We recommend to Skills Ministers to endorse training packages that meet the framework’s requirements. Once it is endorsed the training package is updated on the National Register of VET training website so that it can be implemented within the VET sector.
Find out more
- See the factsheet on the Training Package Assurance function
- Contact email@example.com.