Youth Advisory Sessions help young people aged 15-24, who access Workforce Australia Online Services to maintain their work readiness and/or motivation and to find employment. Young people can get up to three, free, one-hour advisory sessions with a specialist youth consultant, delivered by a Transition to Work Provider.
Check your eligibility
To participate in Youth Advisory Sessions, you must be:
- Between 15-24 years
- registered with Workforce Australia Online.
If you are unsure, you can call the Digital Support Contact Centre.
Youth Advisory Sessions
The sessions are flexible, and your consultant will tailor the sessions to your needs. You can choose face-to-face, video call, or over the phone.
You can get help with:
- education, training and career advice
- advice on where job opportunities are in your local area
- writing or updating your resume
- preparing for job interviews
- improving your skills and building expertise
- information on, or connection to, other government or community assistance, like mental health organisations
- support to stay motivated in your job search.
Consultants have experience helping young people. They often work in your area, so they know your community and have connections with local employers.
Book a session
- Log into Workforce Australia for individuals
- Click on the “Activities to Support you into work´ tile
- Click on “explore all activities” or “all activities”
- Search for “Support for individuals aged 15 to 24”
- Click on “Learn more”