The Australian Skills Guarantee (the Guarantee) is an Australian Government commitment which aims to ensure one in 10 workers on major, federally funded government projects is an apprentice, trainee or paid cadet.
The Government announced at the Jobs and Skills Summit and in the October 2022-23 Budget that the Guarantee will:
- include specific targets for women;
- include a focus on digital skills; and
- apply to Australian Government social and affordable housing projects as part of the National Housing Accord.
To inform the design and implementation of the Guarantee, stakeholders were invited to read the Australian Skills Guarantee Discussion Paper and make a submission. Submissions closed on Thursday 22 December 2022.
The paper raised key design considerations for feedback, including:
- the scope of the Guarantee;
- the design of the targets; and
- how the Guarantee could be implemented across various industries and sectors.
The paper also sought feedback on the design of future initiatives to support women to achieve higher paying careers via vocational education and training pathways, with particular interest in hearing about experiences on what is most effective in attracting and retaining women in occupations that have historically had low female participation.
Public consultation is an opportunity to work together with stakeholders and the wider community on how to achieve the goals of the Guarantee.
For further information on the consultation process, please contact the Australian Skills Guarantee Team on email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can register your interest for ongoing consultation below: