The six priorities of the Fund are:
- Supporting more First Nations people in employment, education or training in areas where Employment Regions and Community Development Program meet;
- Supporting young people into the labour market through paid job placements in social enterprises;
- Supporting mature age people to participate in the workforce and connect to jobs;
- Supporting communities to become more resilient develop new employment opportunities as part of the transition to Net Zero;
- Supporting Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) women through tailored self-employment programs; and
- Redesigning jobs to better align with the skills and capabilities of people seeking work.
Projects under the fund range from $200,000 to $1 million (GST exclusive) and must be completed by 30 June 2025.
Successful National Priority Fund Projects
Following a previous tender process, the National Priority Fund is supporting the delivery of these projects (click on links for detailed information on each project):
Any queries can be directed to Localjobsfunds@dewr.gov.au