The Employment Youth Advisory Group will work with the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations around careers information, apprenticeships, and services to help young people make the transition between education and work. Members of the Group will provide advice and share insights on how the government can best support young people as they move towards employment.
A full list of the 2024 Youth Advisory Groups include:
- Employment Youth Advisory Group, working with the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations
- Creative Industries Youth Advisory Group, working with the Office for the Arts
- Civic Engagement Youth Advisory Group, working with the Department of Home Affairs
- Prevention of Gender-Based Violence Youth Advisory Group, working with the Department of Social Services
- First Nations Education Youth Advisory Group, working with the Department of Education and the National Indigenous Australians Agency.
Applications are encouraged from young people from all backgrounds, including young people with disability, with lived experience of mental ill-health, and those from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
Successful candidates will need to be available for online training in January and February 2024, as well as for travel to Canberra over 19-22 March 2024 for in person meetings. The Government will cover the cost of this travel.
For further information on the groups and to apply visit Get Involved on the Office for Youth website. Applications close AEDT 11:59 pm, Sunday 19 November 2023.