The Career Transition Assistance program is designed to help mature-age people, aged 45 years and over, to build their confidence and skills to become more competitive in the local labour market.
Get ready for work
Career Transition Assistance can help you get ready for work by:
- Finding out what skills you already have and how they would transfer to a new job
- Targeting your job search
- Tailoring your job application
It can also help to build your confidence with:
- Applying for jobs online
- Social media
- Desktop computers
Visit the Good News Stories page to see how the program has helped mature-age people across Australia.
Check your eligibility
If you're a job seeker aged 45 years and over, you're eligible to be referred to Career Transition Assistance if you participate in:
• Workforce Australia Services with a Provider
• Workforce Australia Online for individuals, including people with a Workforce Australia Online Account
• Disability Employment Services
If you are not registered with any of the above services, you can talk to Services Australia.
To sign up for Career Transition Assistance (CTA):
- Search for a CTA provider in your area.
- individuals with a Workforce Australia Employment Service provider tell your provider you want to try CTA, and they can refer you.
- individuals accessing Workforce Australia Online you can sign in and self refer or, contact the Digital Services Contact Centre on 1800 314 677 or email email@example.com.