Career Transition Assistance is designed to help people aged 45 years and over, to improve their confidence and skills to become more competitive in the local labour market.
Get ready for work
Career Transition Assistance can help you get ready for work by:
- finding out what skills you already have and how they would transfer to a new job
- targeting your job search
- tailoring your job application
It can also help to build your confidence with the technology that is typically found in workplaces such as desktop computers and tablets.
Check your eligibility
If you're a job seeker aged 45 years and over, you're eligible to be referred to Career Transition Assistance if you participate in:
- Workforce Australia Services with a Provider
- Workforce Australia Online for individuals, including people with a Workforce Australia Online Account
- Disability Employment Services
The program is free for eligible individuals, whether you are on income support or not. A Career Transition Assistance course can also earn you 15 points per week towards your Points Based Activation System (PBAS) points target.
To see how Career Transition Assistance has helped people across Australia to change career, visit the Newsroom.
Individuals self-managing in online services with Workforce Australia Online can sign up for Career Transition Assistance by:
- Visiting the Providers webpage to find a local provider
- Accessing Workforce Australia Online directly
- Contacting the Digital Services Contact Centre on 1800 314 677 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants with a provider can find out more information by:
- Asking your provider for a program referral
- Calling the National Customer Service Line (NCSL) on 1800 805 260 (free call from land lines)
- Emailing email@example.com
- Downloading the Career Transition Assistance factsheet
- Visiting the Mature Age Hub