Training.gov.au is the National Register of vocational education and training (VET) in Australia. It is the authoritative source of Nationally Recognised Training (NRT).
On this page:
Training.gov.au consists of:
- Training packages
- Units of competency
- Accredited courses
- Skill sets.
It is the authoritative source of Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) who have the approved scope to deliver NRT. This is required by national and jurisdictional legislation in Australia.
Some of the exciting new features of training.gov.au include:
- A new modern interface that is fully mobile responsive
- Improved search and filtering functions
- An improved comparison tool
- Status indicators and opt-in email notifications for when training products are under review
- Additional codified data fields, including:
- Unit pre-requisite
- Licensing/regulatory information
- Work placement hours
- Qualification entry requirements
- Transition dates at the component level
- Expanded help and intuitive user tips within the system
- Downloadable reports based on search and filtering
- Direct access to current Companion Volumes
For further information on the changes to training.gov.au, you can get in touch with the project at NTRReform@dewr.gov.au.