Find research and analysis on employment trends in Australia, and evaluations of employment services programs.
Employment related research looks at:
- Skill shortages
- Recruitment experiences
- Labour and skills needs
- Industry and employment trends
Employment services evaluations
Employment services evaluations aim to assess whether program and policy outcomes are being delivered as intended, and generate evidence to inform decision-making and continuous program improvement.
Discover employment data and statistics from these reports:
- Australian Jobs – Annual snapshot of the Australian labour market including our workforce, employment and training.
- Labour Market Insights – Find useful information about occupations, labour market trends in Australia and helps you to understand your local labour markets.
- Skills Shortages – Information on skill shortages across a range of occupations on a national, state and territory level.
- Transition to Work – Evaluation Strategy – Outlines a process for evaluating the Transition to Work (TtW) service.
- Department of Employment and Workplace Relations Leading Indicator of Employment – Monthly report predicting employment growth cycle movements.
- Australian Labour Market Update – Quarterly publication on the labour market to help people looking for work.
- Job Seeker Compliance Data – Quarterly reports on a range of job seeker compliance data.
- Employment programme evaluation information – How employment services and programs are being carried out and evaluated.
- Online Employment Services Trial Evaluation Report – This report provides an assessment of the appropriateness, effectiveness and efficiency of the trial that tested the delivery of employment services to job seekers online.
- Online Job Seeker Classification Instrument Trial Evaluation Report – This report provides an assessment of the appropriateness, effectiveness and efficiency of the trial that tested the online completion of the JSCI questionnaire, known as the Job Seeker Snapshot.
- Local Jobs Program 2020-2022 Evaluation Report – this report provides an assessment of the appropriateness and effectiveness of the Local Jobs Program in the initial 25 Employment Regions from September 2020 to June 2022.