Mature age workers (45 years and over) have valuable life and work experience, knowledge and skills. They can also mentor younger staff. Discover services and supports that connect businesses and mature age workers.
Benefits of mature age workers
Mature age workers have a valuable contribution to make to Australian workforces. Here you’ll find:
- The benefits of mature age workers
- Downloadable documents to help you and/or your organisation to communicate the benefits of mature age workers
Information for workers 45 years and over
As a mature age worker, you bring a lifetime of experience and knowledge, reliability and work ethic to a role. Here you'll find:
Employing mature age workers
A work culture that supports older workers can lead to improved productivity and client satisfaction. Here you'll find:
- The Investing in Experience Tool Kit to see how well your organisation manages mature age workers.
- Interactive training modules on mature age employment.
- The Workforce Australia wage subsidy – a financial incentive (up to $10,000 inc GST) to hire and retain employees.
- More incentives, information courses and ways to hire mature age workers.