VET FEE-HELP Student Redress Measures

On this page:

VET FEE-HELP (VFH) Student Redress Measures (now closed)

From 1 January 2019, VFH Student Redress Measures came into effect to provide a remedy to students who, due to the inappropriate conduct of the VET provider, incurred debts under the VFH Scheme.

Student Redress closed after five years on 31 December 2023. Students can no longer lodge a claim for a VFH loan re-credit under the Student Redress Measures.

The VET Student Loans Ombudsman (VSLO) in the Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman is the primary contact point for any person who has a complaint about their VFH debt which they have been unable to resolve with their training provider. This includes previous complaints under the VFH Student Redress Measures.

Student Redress Enquiries

Applications for Student Redress were made to the VET Student Loans Ombudsman (VSLO). If you have already made a complaint to the VSLO about your VFH debt and the complaint is still being assessed, you should contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman – VET Student Loans.

If you have made a complaint to the VSLO and been advised that your unit(s) of study will not be recredited, you can seek a review. You can contact the department to seek a review via the VFH Student Redress Enquiry Form, below.

Help and assistance

If you have any further any questions about the VFH Student Redress Measures, you can submit an enquiry using the VFH Student Redress Enquiry Form, below.

VFH Student Redress Enquiry Form

You should refer to the following information before submitting your VFH Student Enquiry Form.

Personal information

Your personal information is protected by law, including under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).

Personal information is information or an opinion about an identifiable individual. Personal information includes an individual’s name and contact details.

Purpose of collecting your information

We will use the information you have provided to handle your enquiry.

We may need to collect further information from you in order to handle your enquiry. If you do not provide this information to the department, it may affect how we handle your enquiry. In some circumstances, it may mean we are not able to handle your enquiry.

Disclosure of your personal information

Your personal information may be disclosed to other parties where it is necessary to handle your enquiry, where you have agreed, or where it is otherwise permitted under law (including the Privacy Act).

Privacy policy

The department’s Privacy Policy, including information about how to make a complaint and access to and correction of your personal information, can be found at Privacy or by requesting a copy from the department at

To contact the department about your personal information email