Links to organisations that may assist retrenched workers and employees to understand their entitlements.
On this page:
- Support for retrenched workers – The What's Next website can help you work out what to do after you lose your job. The website provides handy resources and links to available support to help you through this transition.
- Fair Work Ombudsman can provide more information on your entitlements and federal or state legislation, agreements and awards.
- Australian Taxation Office (general) can provide key taxation information.
- Australian Taxation Office superannuation can provide key superannuation information.
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) provides information about how employees of abandoned companies who are owed employee entitlements can submit a request to ASIC to wind up the company.
- Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) (formerly known as Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia) is the government agency responsible for the administration and regulation of Australia's personal insolvency system.
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA) provides information about the insolvency process and represents professionals who specialise in the field of formal insolvency.
- Services Australia provides information on payments you may be eligible to receive, if you have been retrenched or made redundant.
If you have been made redundant from your job you could be eligible to receive help from Workforce Australia. Workforce Australia replaced jobactive on 4 July 2022.
Workforce Australia can provide you with tailored help to find a job and is delivered by providers located around Australia.